Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Has Been A Blur!

I have gone through a variety of phases with this blog. I have gone overboard trying to post often, I have had stretches where I only wrote the funny moments. I have had times where the dark side of my mind prevails and I write the painful thoughts that exist in my head.

I had times where I was super concerned about numbers and growth and built up a facebook page and a following on Twitter. Then I got overly addicted to Twitter!  I have posted regularly for a while and then waited a month or more between posts. And, I have stopped writing on my other page entirely.

And yet, many of you stick around anyway.  
Thank you for that.

So far, the Trucker has not hauled me off to an insane asylum since I've jumped into a night class on top of the too many things I already do. And at the same time, my job took a big change in direction so I've got a big learning curve there too. And then I decided to quit smoking too. I think we're managing okay, but likely because we all know that it's not going to last forever. This course will be done in July and then I have time to think about what I'm doing again!

I'm pleased with the marks I'm getting so far in my class. It's reassuring, last time I took this course it didn't go so well. I think the teacher makes a big difference, no matter what you're learning. Well, that and I have a lot more experience under my belt, not to mention motivation. I mean really, I PAID for this! I'm not one to waste money.

Honestly, things could definitely be improved. It is truly the 'temporary' side of this that is getting my family through. We are all tired and living outside our comfort zone. It is taking a toll, we are a much crankier bunch lately. There is more arguing going on and whining and complaining..... Oh, it's frustrating.

Maybe I should quit doing it.

Angel Baby is adjusting well, except Wednesdays. I leave for class Tuesday after dinner and don't see her again until it's creeping up on lunch time Wednesday. She clings to me much of the day.  My boys are doing okay. They are not really helping out more, but they are not making things more difficult for Dad. 

The Trucker... I'm not so sure how he's dealing with this. I have little sympathy for him. Most Dad's have to be more involved in the home life. I think it's good for him to do a little more. (Boy do I mean little) There are many things I'd love for him to take over (like dinner on my school nights) but after all, this is my Trucker, he's not going to suddenly be the Husband and Dad of the Year. He is still a trucker working crappy trucker hours. I'm just grateful he's not refusing. Or falling asleep before the kids.  

Well... there's my checkin. I'm still alive. Can't drop dead if I never stop moving. If you wonder what I'm doing when I'm not running in circles, I'm spending time with the important things in my life. I'm enjoying the moments and going Hands Free. You should try it. If you don't know how... my friend Rachel can show you. So while you're on Facebook liking my page, you can jump over to hers too. Join this great revolution and embrace the moments that matter.


Got it? Good. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment