Monday, March 7, 2011

Mission - April Fools.

I know I have a fair bit of time left in March, but the kids had so much fun the last time I messed with their food on April Fools.... I have to be even better!  Thanks to Gretchen Rubin and the Happiness Project Book, I have a great idea for breakfast.  Now I just need to hammer down the rest of the day.

For breakfast two years ago, I made burgers and fries.  Well, I made regular pancakes and cocoa pancakes and skinny strip pancakes, and we put them together as burgers and fries.  A little raspberry sauce made perfect ketchup, too.  The boys thought this was AWESOME.  And I love it when they like the silly things I do for them.

I don't really remember lunch, oddly.  But we had cupcakes for supper.  I know that.  Mini meatloaves made in a muffin pan and topped with colored mashed potatoes.  It was really fun, and the kids ate a lot.  AND they don't even LIKE meatloaf!

So, I'm on a mission now, to find some great ideas for this year. I want something that they'll remember for a long time.  The last week of this month is Spring Break, so they will be home and I'm not going to be able to work on this with them underfoot. This leaves me 3 weeks to figure it all out.  I have a few other tricks up my sleeve, but I'm not telling!  Every now and then, my curious kid will ACTUALLY read this blog.  So, sorry to anyone who wants a sneak peak, you'll have to reach me another way :)

I'm calling on anyone with a sense of mischief to send me their ideas too!  Doesn't have to be just food related either. The advantage of Spring Break is that I have the WHOLE DAY to mess with these boys.  You see, I've been a bit on the cranky side lately, and I want them to know that I'm back with a vengeance!!  I was forgetting to have fun, but now I remember......muahahahahaha

What is the best April Fools joke you've ever seen?  
(Family Friendly of course...)

No comments:

Post a Comment