Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Thankful For Pumpkin Pie...

Who doesn't love Thanksgiving Dinner?  A time to be with family, enjoy a great meal....
Yes, my family is thankful for thanksgiving.  

It was a fantastic day, really.  The cooking all ran smoothly. The house was tidied. My dear hubby was finishing up some end of season tasks in the yard.  Getting ready for winter. The snow will come soon around here so he wanted to get as much done as possible.  My mom and I played with the kids and we were discussing how we came to decide which dishes we serve at each holiday. Strange how traditions can start and you don't even know why. You just one day realize that you missed something this time, and then try to figure out how many years you have been doing it.
Kind of like our christmas baking, some of our treats don't even get eaten really. They stay frozen for months, but we still make the same things each year. It's just not the same without it?
Later in the afternoon, we greeted my sister in law and her husband in the early afternoon. He stayed and helped my hubby in the yard, while I enjoyed a relaxing visit with my sister. 
The kids kept us laughing most of the day. They were so excited to be having pie. No, really, I know. I was asked about 5000 times through the day
when's pie? when's pie? when's pie????
 "When's Pie?"

Finally time to eat, we set the dining room table for everyone and it was nice to share our space with family.  We thoroughly enjoyed our turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, brussel sprouts, carrots, fresh buns, the works! And the best part (when's pie???) was the Homemade Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream.
An absolute feast... as usual.  Stuffed and tired, we cleaned up and settled in for the evening. Our company went home and we played the Wii with the kids before they went to bed.  It was a fantastic day.

Yes, my family IS thankful for Thanksgiving.  And they are Thankful that my MOM does all of the cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment